Forum for Health Policy (Forum) is a Swedish think tank. Forum serves as a neutral platform where policymakers, researchers and health care providers meet to discuss and analyse important issues concerning the Swedish health care system. With a strong international perspective and focus on the patient experience, the aim is to stimulate innovation, contribute to new ideas, and assist policymakers and politicians with knowledge and possible policy options.
The Forum is steered by its partner organizations working in Swedish health care, elderly care and life science, including patient associations, personnel unions, national interest organizations, pharmaceutical companies, medtech companies, non-profit and for-profit private providers.
The Forum focuses on five activities with the aim of strengthening the interaction between decision makers, researchers and other parties in the health policy area:
- Network of researchers to help broaden and deepen the debate in Sweden and develop evidence-based structural and organizational options for future policies.
- Forum for dialogue where decision makers, researchers, patients and other parties can meet to discuss important issues in health policy.
- Publications of policy briefs.
- Engagement in specific projects that reflect and highlight major issues in health policy.
- Presence on the web and in social media, informing and stimulating discussion about the latest health policy issues, both nationally and internationally.
Forum for Health Policy was founded by Johan Calltorp, Thorbjörn Larsson and professor Richard Saltman.
The board of Forum for Health Policy:
Peter Graf, chairman, CEO of Tiohundra
Anders Morin, vice chairman, Welfare Policy Specialist, The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise (Svenskt Näringsliv)
Anders Blanck, CEO of LIF – The research-based pharmaceutical industry
Anne Carlsson, Patient representative
Jenni Nordborg, Director at Sweden’s innovation agency
Anders Printz, The Swedish Association of Health Professionals